What is Cosplay?
"Cosplay, a contraction of the words costume play, is a performance art in which participants (called cosplayers) wear costumes and fashion accessories to represent a specific character. Cosplayers often interact to create a subculture and a broader use of the term "cosplay" applies to any costumed role-playing in venues apart from the stage. Any entity that lends itself to dramatic interpretation may be taken up as a subject and it is not unusual to see genders switched. Favorite sources include manga and anime, comic books and cartoons, video games, and live-action films and television series." - From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Can I hire you to make my costume?
- Yes. I accept commissions on a limited basis.
- Wedding gowns are about 25% more expensive than other projects.
- At this time, I am not accepting commissions for corsets.
How much does it cost?
My hourly rate is $45. I accept Paypal and credit cards.
I require a 50% deposit before beginning and the balance is due before you take possession of the garment.
How long does it take?
- A large ball gown project (like the Cinderella gown) is a full week of work (around 40 hours). Fancy embellishments, ruffles, trims, beading, etc., or extra time for specialized fitting, adds significantly to the time involved.
- Drafting a custom pattern is 15 - 25 hours of work depending on the complexity of the design.
- My waiting list is long (usually at least ten months). If you need something done sooner, you can request a rush project (there is a 50% surcharge for rush projects).
Will you teach me to sew?
- If you would like one-on-one lessons, you can hire me by the hour. We will meet for 2 hours once every week or two, and I will send you home with assignments to complete before the next lesson.
- I also host a weekly sewing circle at my studio. Spaces are occaisionally available in the group.
Are you available to work with photographers?
In addition to my costuming work, I am an experienced model. Over the years I've been lucky enough to work with some amazing photographers who have documented my designs in a very flattering light. If you would like me to work with you for free please submit examples of your previous work and provide details about your TFP / TFCD contract. If you would like to hire me, you will be happy to know that I am reliable, timely, and drama-free. I can provide references if necessary.